Hi everyone....just created this blog page -- not too technical....plain and simple -- the way life should be!!!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tom Gill - "Impressionistic Realism" paintings in Chelmsford

Tom Gill's painting of Chelmsford's annual July 4th parade.
Here I zoomed in on our "Parade Official" Bill Spence. I'm not sure what year Tom created this painting....if anyone knows....please let me know. I wonder who the videographer is....maybe Scott Olsen ha? Love the paintings!!
I had a few minutes to spare yesterday....so I took a ride to the Enterprise Bank at Drum Hill as well as the Littleton Road branch...Sandra told me about Tom Gill's paintings and I'm glad I finally stopped and enjoyed! They remind me a little of Van Gogh's "vibrant color"and "impressionist" style. When I stood back from across the room in the bank lobby, the colors were just as bright and vibrant as when you're viewing close up. It reminded me of how I felt when I visited the Van Gough museum in Amsterdam years ago when I traveled there to visit my Converse buddy Angela. Go see these "live"....these photographs don't do them justice....take a little Art Break and check these out. The paintings at Drum Hill are of a family picking strawberries...what a pleasant thought...strawberry patches with the 6" of snow we got today.....Spring and Summer are coming!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home